As I begin to discover and make use of resources and educational information, both local to South East/East Alabama and South and West Georgia as well as national, I will list them here… Also, be assured that these are resources that I actually use… no advertising here. Curious about any of these, just ask!
- Affordable health care act: Healthcare.gov
- Pre-existing health insurance plan: PCIP.gov
- Financial Aid at St. Francis Hospital in Columbus, GA (not limited to Columbus, GA area). – Ask a doctor, receptionist, nurse, and other staff for applications. You can probably request an application in person at the St. Francis billing office (706-596-4000) across the street from the hospital. You won’t find anything about application process or forms online. Try the phone number and ask for the billing office if you want, but I have never been able to get anyone on the phone.
- Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services (ADRS)
- ADRS office locations/services search page
- ADRS Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- US Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Wiregrass Spay/Neuter Alliance – Low/Reduced cost spay/neuter services. Get your pet fixed for $10-20.
- Register to vote online at www.GottaRegister.com.
- Free book giveaways at Goodreads.com.
- Free Book Dude on Facebook.com. – Links to free e-books from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com every hour.
- Pixel of Ink links to free e-books from Amazon.com and others.
- Trade books for free with other users at Paperbackswap.com.